Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Save your credit card while purchasing online

Many of us owning credit cards are, or should be, aware of the fact that Online Scams are becoming a very notoriously popular phenomena. There are many online scammers and hackers who are waiting for you to make a mistake online, provide your information to an unsecured website, and subsequently, lose money on your credit card. According a recent research by Master Card, online earning trends have considerably increased in cities like Dubai.

Purchasing online is very convenient and has many pros attached to it. So we cannot just advise to stop purchasing online by using your credit cards, rather there are some advices I would like to dart down below for consumers to be more careful regarding their credit cards usage online.

Use Famous and Secured Sites

There are many famous websites, such as ebay, amazon etc., where you can just go and purchase securely using your credit cards. But please make sure that you are using the website directly and not following a link from other website. Because there are many fraudulent websites which may hack your information this way.

For regular websites, in order to make sure if there is a secure connection between your explorer and that site, have a look at the URL: if it starts with [https://], you are on a secured page; if the URL starts with http://, you're not.

Further, Look for a padlock somewhere in your internet browser (explorer, firefox, safari etc). If there is no padlock on the browser somewhere then the page could be unsecure. If the browser does have a padlock, then it means that the website is secure. NOTE: The padlock is not shown on the website page (as this means absolutely nothing), rather the padlock that you're looking for is somewhere on the browser. Here are two examples of how the padlock can look:


Use Alert Pay or Pay Pal for online purchases

These are two very famous websites for making online purchases. You can register your credit cards with these sites, transfer funds there and make online purchases. They are very secure websites and are just like online bank accounts. This way there is a very secure third party involved in your transactions and your credit card information is not directly exposed to the suppliers.

(click below to join these sites now)










9 comments:

  1. Hi, I am Shawn Ambrose, a member of some financial communities. I am a frequent reader of your blog, as I found the articles really worth reading. The quality of your content is so good, that it made me request you something. I love to write financial articles and would like to contribute something for your blog absolutely free of cost. I can give you an original article along with the assurance that it will be published only in your site. If you want, you can suggest me the topic also and I will write accordingly. Not only that, I give you the total rights to edit the article and modify it as per your needs.



    Please let me know your thoughts. Waiting for your positive reply.

    If you have any questions or need anything feel free to contact me at : shawnambrose4u[at]gmail[.]com



    Thanks and Regards,

    Shawn Ambrose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try and use paypal instead of a credit card for online charges. There are alot of companies that try and opt you into recurring billing when you pay with a credit card. But, if you use paypal they notify you that you are signing up for a reoccuring payment. They also make it really easy to cancel it.
    They are usually pretty good with disputes also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ross, Appreciating your feedback. Yes, many companies want you to use credit cards for any purchases so that they can get maximum out of you in the form of recurring billing.

    Dispute method of paypal is one of the best, I have seen many cases where people easily getting their moneys back had any problem occured.

    Plus, being an indirect method of payment it is more secure and gets your credit card exposed only to Paypal, which is a more trusted organization in terms of payments, than any other ABC company you want to do purchases with.

    Keep poting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Shawn, sorry I would not be interested in this. But appreciate your thoughts and offer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great advice. I had heard some of it before, but not all of it. I prefer to use PayPal myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Admin,

    This is Ryan , a financial writer and consultant , I have visited your site : http://financialadviceme.blogspot.com/ and I must say that your site has got really good and worthy information. I work for many financial communities and I write useful articles for them and so I was just wondering that if I can do something for your wonderful site I will be very happy. I would like to give you an unique article upto 400- 1000 words (according to your requirement). I assure you that the article will be published only on your site.

    Please feel free to get in touch with me regarding this offer at anytime. I will also promote the guest post of your site to some social networking sites like facebook, twitter, Stumble upon etc. You can get back to me at : ryan.financialwriter(at)gmail(dot)com

    Looking forward for your valuable and sincere reply

    Thanks & Regards

    Ryan Jones

    Financial Writer & Consultant

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jarral,its Sadia.Wow great i have read many articles about this topic and everytime i learn something new i dont think it will ever stop always new info ,The good news: With a credit card, federal law limits your liability for fraud or unauthorized use to $50. And many card networks cut their customers' liability to $0.Thanks for all of your hard work!Sadia jahan recently posted help with credit card debt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sadia! Appreciate your response and extra info on Fed's action regarding this.

    ReplyDelete